To provide world class support services to the Jamaican insurance industry through effective lobbying, provision of information for decision making, avenues for addressing common concerns and encourage sound industry practices and ethical conduct of members while promoting the best interests of the insuring public and the long term economic development of the nation.
The Insurance Association of Jamaica (IAJ), resulted from a merger in August 2005 of the Jamaica association of General Insurance Companies (JAGIC) and the Life Insurance Companies Association of Jamaica (LICA).
The merger provided the opportunity to reduce and economize on administrative support functions and costs.
The IAJ is committed to supporting the growth and development of the insurance industry to the benefit of Jamaicans and the economy as a whole by providing quality support services to members through:
- Effective Lobbying On Issues That Impact The Industry
- Provision Of Information For Decision Making, As Well As Avenues For Addressing Common Concerns
- Organizing Public Education And Other Public Relations Activities
- Providing Services To Members And Policyholders
- Promotion Of The Best Interests Of The Insuring Public
- Encouragement Of Ethical Conduct Of Members